Particle Impact Detection System 10 Pound Load @ 20Gs Vibration
This system is capable of vibration testing up to 10 pounds and detecting defects that produce noise, such as loose screws, particles, etc. Right from the start of PIND testing, B&W patented the first MIL-STD compliant system outperforming the competition by over 30% better detection rate as tested by the NBS (now National Institute of Science and Technology) in a well known 1978 study (NBSIR 78-1590 NASA).
Until now there has been no significant improvement to the PIND test systems. Now the particle (or noise) is recorded in digital format and can be easily recalled for post test analysis. This advancement finally provides the ability to distinguish a particle from other noise that the PIND system has detected. The optional Transient Detector is another failsafe, detecting interference from stray RF and other sources.
SPECIFICATIONS: PARTICLE IMPACT NOISE DETECTOR MODEL BW-LPD-DAQ4000HD
- TYPE: PC WINDOWS XP or HIGHER
- SHOCK SEQUENCE: PROGRAMMABLE
- TEST DURATION: PROGRAMMABLE
- INTERFACE: CUSTOM USB DATA ACQUISITION AND CONTROL
- FREQUENCY: SINE WAVE 27Hz TO 250Hz
- ACCELERATION: 0 TO 20G PEAK
- SHAKER: 600 FORCE LBS., 1.0 IN. STROKE, 100 IN.PER/SECVELOCITY
- AMPLIFIER: 5000 WATTS MINIMUM
- D.U.T. WEIGHT: 10 POUNDS PRACTICAL LIMIT @ 20G
- DURATION: LESS THAN 100 MICROSECONDS HALF SINE
- AMPLITUDE: TYPICAL 1000 ± 200 G, ADJUSTABLE VALUES, 200G, 500G & 1000G
- APPLICATION: AUTO OR MANUAL
- AXIS: SAME AS VIBRATION
- ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCER: SENSITIVITY= -77.5 ± 3dB re 1 VOLT per μBAR @ 155 ± 5KHz
- AMPLIFIER: 60 ± 2dB @ 155 ± 5KHz WITH LESS THAN 10mV PEAK NOISE
- THRESHOLD DETECTOR: ADJUSTABLE 0 – INFINITE
- ACCELERATION: 2 DIGIT DISPLAY
- FREQUENCY: 2 DIGIT DISPLAY
- THRESHOLD DETECTOR: RED DISPLAY “FAIL”
- TEST COMPLETE: GREEN DISPLAY “PASS”
- TEST TIME: PROGRAMMABLE DIGITAL CLOCK
- SHOCK MULTIPLIER TIMES: 1 DIGIT DISPLAY
- SHOCK LEVEL DISPLAY: 4 DIGIT DISPLAY
- TRANSIENT DETECTOR (OPTIONAL): YELLOW DISPLAY
- SPEAKER: INTEGRAL PC OR EXTERNAL
- OSCILLOSCOPE: INTEGRAL PC VERTICAL = 20mV per CM, HORIZ. » 200mV per G
DIMENSIONS / WEIGHT:
- LAPTOP: APPROX. 15″W x 10″H x 1.5″D, 6 LBS.
- INTERFACE: 18″W x 3.5″H x 16″D, 20 LBS.
- SHAKER: 30””H x 17″DIA., 550 LBS.
- AMPLIFIER: 19″W x 24″H x 24″D,x 80 LBS.